- 15 nights quarantine: Travelers from South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, DR Congo, Tanzania. (The list is as of 31 March and will be updated every month by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand).
- 11 nights quarantine:
Travelers from countries not in the list above
- 8 Nights quarantine:
Applies for those already vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by the WHO or by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand: Sinovac, Astrazaneca, Pfizer/ BionTECH, Serum Institute of India, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna.
Must be vaccinated no less than 14 days before traveling and must present a vaccine certificate (an original or a printout of online vaccine certificate) at the arrival port, otherwise the 11 nights quarantine will be applied.
It stands for Alternative State Quarantine which is the Thai government program to welcome foreign visitors during Covid.
Hotels in Thailand are allowed to apply for a special license in order to become ASQ facilities and host quarantine guests.
Yes, at this moment every international tourist needs to quarantine.
All hotel package include the room stay, transfer from the airport and COVID testing. The specifics vary from one hotel to the other.
This depends on the hotel policy and will be mentioned on a case by case basis. It often is the case that after a second negative test, guests are allowed to leave the room.
Depending on the hotel policy, deliveries might be allowed.
A deposit will be required at the time of booking in order to receive the confirmation letter. Depending on the hotel, the balance is due prior to departure or on arrival.
Yes, under certain conditions. Please view each hotel's Good To Know section.
Yes. Under a new regulation a non-married couple can share a room upon signing a consent form.
Yes, under the following conditions:
– Only a family member of the guest may deliver the food to the hotel – food deliveries by messenger or food delivery services are not allowed.
– The family member must present his or her Thai ID card upon the delivery of the food at the hotel.
– The guest must sign a disclaimer letter upon receiving the food.
Medical treatment after the diagnosis of COVID-19 infection and necessary treatment, the company will pay compensation up to 3.2 million baht (102,000 US dollars).
– A copy of passport
- A copy of the flight details
– A deposit is also required to confirm reservation.
Each hotel may have different conditions. Some hotels allow to postpone your stay date if you happen to face concerns such as flight cancellations or any delays from the embassies.